Friday, August 31, 2007




























































































































































































BLUEBERRY DYE WORKSHOP
Adam's Berry Farm
August 4th, 2007



As many of you know, I have been working on Adam's Berry Farm this summer in Burlington Vermont. I'm interested in using natural dyes and pigments in my own work, the craft of dying from ancient agricultural traditions around the world and the expression of these cultures through patterns and prints.

On August 4th, I hosted a Blueberry Dye Workshop on the farm with Adam's berries. It was a beautiful day of native northeastern berry blues, reds and purples!

1 comment:

Emily Anne said...

Thanks for all the cool pics! I'm spending a summer on a blueberry farm in VT, and wanted to take advantage of the natural materials available. Your photos give me a good idea of what to expect. Have a good summer!